Easiest Cauliflower Pizza Crust Ever
Keep up with a healthy mood-boosting diet with the easiest cauliflower pizza crust ever!
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes
· 2 pounds frozen cauliflower florets , thawed
· 1 egg , lightly beaten
· ½ cup chèvre (soft goat cheese)
· 2 teaspoons dried oregano
· 1 teaspoon dried basil
· ½ teaspoon sea salt
ı. Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large food processor fitted with an “S” blade, pulse the cauliflower florets several times, until a rice like consistency is achieved. Pour the cauliflower into the center of a thin dish towel, then twist it up and use your hands to firmly wring out moisture. Quite a lot of liquid should be released, leaving you with a dry lump of cauliflower pulp.
3. Place the cauliflower pulp in a large mixing bowl and mix in the egg, chèvre, oregano, basil, and salt, stirring well to create a uniform mixture.
4. Transfer the cauliflower mixture to the baking sheet and use your hands to press the crust firmly into a large circular or rectangular crust, about ¼ inch thick. Be sure to pack the cauliflower mixture together firmly and evenly, leaving no thin spots where the crust may crack.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, until the top is dry and golden, then carefully flip the crust over and bake for another ı0 minutes. Use immediately as a pizza crust or allow the flatbread to cool and slice it to use as sandwich bread.
6. To complete the pizza, add your favorite sauce and toppings and then bake for another 10 minutes at 400ºF, until the topping are heated thoroughly.